Diameter 9.7 mm
Static Elongation 8.9%
Dynamic Elongation 32.2%
Sheath Slippage 1 mm
Sheath Mass 36%

Climbs well, lightweight at 61g / m, nice looking…

Summary

Climbs well, lightweight at 61g / m, nice looking color (especially the bi-pattern), but sheath wears quickly.

Pros

• Climbs well
  • Good colors
  • Available in bi-pattern

Cons

• Sheath wears quickly

Almost everything about this rope is great for backcountry climbing. Lightweight, easy to handle, good color.

However, the sheath has worn faster than expected in a couple places, to the point where it is ready to be retired after only having been climbed on <50 times over two years. Fortunately the sheath wear is close to one end of the rope so I can trim ~10m off and still have a 60m rope, but that means that the bi-pattern will no longer mark the new middle point of the rope.

Experience

I have climbed ~50 times with this rope over two years, mostly multi-pitch routes or routes with a long approach where the lighter rope is beneficial.

Thanks for sharing your experience with this rope, Tommy. Where do you typically climb with it?

Tommy G

I climb on Southern Arizona granite, mostly in Cochise Stronghold and the Catalina mountains.

Thanks for the additional info, Tommy!

Feeds great. This rope is a great size for a thinner…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Climbing Gym)

Summary

Feeds great. This rope is a great size for a thinner workhorse option.

Pros

• Feeds great
  • Good size
  • Awesome color
  • Great value

I use this rope as my go-to option if I can only take one rope with me to the crag. The Lightning Pro feeds great on belay, clips smoothly, and the color definitely pops in pics too, which is a bonus.

I have taken some whippers on this rope, and it is elastic enough to give me a soft catch, but durable enough to withstand all the route projecting I use it on.

I climb primarily sport routes in dry climates, and I haven't tested the dry-treated options