Have a question about wet suits? Get answers in the gear selection forum.
Great full suit for cold water paddling, surfing or…
Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I receved a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review. I kept the product after testing.)
Great full suit for cold water paddling, surfing or stand up paddle board.
- Challenging to put on
As a member of another website, I often receive gear in exchange for a review. My husband is passionate about being out on the water in any way possible, and this wetsuit is helping him enjoy being there even when it’s cold, or in this case, in Maine’s frigid gulf waters.
While on the coast of Maine this summer, he's been learning how to surf a stand-up paddle board on the wave created during the tide change at Blue Hill Falls. Let's just say, this wetsuit has kept him trying to master it!
What he likes about this product:
- Very comfortable, and very warm, the 4 /3 mil neoprene is soft and thick enough for most days during the summer in the Gulf of Maine.
- Simple design and easy zip-in closure. The zipper is short and easy to access, you don’t need a friend or zipper pull tether to close yourself in.
- Flexible enough to move around and swim in without feeling constrained.
- Reinforced knee pads and chest area which take a beating when surfing.
What could be improved:
- All wetsuits are difficult to get into, and the Siroko is no different. It manages to maximize performance and comfort when wearing it while sacrificing the ease of getting it on your body.
- The cinch helps keep the zippered flap tight against the body, I wish there was an adjustment for the neck gasket, as sometimes a little cold water comes into the front of the suit while swimming.
Disclosure: The reviewer received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review.