This lightweight, soft shell jacket offers warmth…

Disclosure: The author of this review received a sample of the product from the brand or its representative in exchange for a review.

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)

Summary

This lightweight, soft shell jacket offers warmth while reducing the amount of bulky insulation around your arms thereby enhancing mobility and movement. The hood offers further functionality for maintaining core warmth. These factors are very useful in many varied circumstances. Highly recommended.

Pros

• Very packable for travel
  • Maintains core warmth
  • Breathable
  • Freedom of movement

Cons

• A bit expensive

I recommend this lighter weight jacket as a perfect mid or outer layer that keeps your core warm while reducing the bulky insulation around your arms. I ordered a large and it fit as expected—perfectly.

The jacket has asymmetrical sleeves with thumb holes allowing you to keep your hands warmer and the jacket in place. The jacket has three zippered pockets, one at each side in the typical location and a single one at breast level. It also has a hood which offers additional warmth without adding a great deal of weight. The chin guard and adjustable hem cord are very functional and convenient. All at 12.5 ounces.
6055-2T.jpg

This jacket has a combination of Polartec Alpha insulation and Polartec Power Dry Wool to provide warmth, breathability and durability. The front has a bit of water-resistance.  The Power Dry Wool back maximized warmth and breathability.

IMG_20161008_100406685.jpg
I found the weight and crushability a huge benefit in packing this jacket in my luggage or stuffing it in my day pack to keep it available when needed.

IMG_20161008_100320461.jpg

I wore this jacket in a wide variety of climactic conditions from the glacier at Mont Blanc, through the Italian Alps and alpine valleys, around Geneva, Switzerland and through various French regions: Rhône, Burgundy and Alsace.

Disclosure: I received a sample of this product for purposes of this review.

Jake W

I love these types of jackets- little more warmth than a vest, layers well and still highly packable. Quick question John, in the second photo, is the back of the torso insulated of is it just the Polartec? I've got a BR Kokanee (I believe it is) down jacket and the quality is impeccable. Thanks for the review.

John Compisi INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER

Jake W, My perception is that the back is just the Polartec® Power Dry Wool only. Agree about the B-R quality. John