Buck Omni Hunter 10PT

photo: Buck Omni Hunter 10PT fixed-blade knife

Price MSRP: $51.00
Historic Range: $39.99
Reviewers Paid: $30.00-$35.00

I like this knife. Really sharp. Mine has the gut hook. I use this knife exclusively for hunting deer and have used it to gut and de-bone two deer. I found the blade and handle to be perfectly shaped and ergonomic.

The texture and shape of the handle are great. The sheath is functional but relies totally on the strap. If the strap comes undone the knife falls out easily and could be dangerous. It is rather large but I still carry it on my belt sometimes, other times I pack it.

I don't think the blade is shaped or sturdy enough to be a survival knife. I could use it for a camp knife but it's a great skinner. The knife holds its edge fairly well but will need sharpened. I touched mine up with a dimond stone and it sharpened well.

Great value.

First, I LOVE THIS KNIFE! I have found it to work very well for me as a camping knife. I am actually able to do fairly fine carving work with it and have used it like a hatchet to split wood. I realize it's a skinning knife not a camping knife but since I've had mine the past 4 years it just proves over and over again to be the most comfortable and versatile knife i own. it will take a very sharp edge as well (razor sharp).

THE ONLY COMPLAINT I have about it is the edge retention. Now I do abuse my knife pritty hard carving various hardwoods when I'm out camping (that's all I use it on rope and wood) but I really feel other knives I've used (Mora and Gerber come to mind) held their edge better under the same kind of abuse.

I wish Buck had hardend their steel more!

How to Get Outside and Recreate Responsibly this Winter