Bushka’s Kitchen Unstuffed Pepper with Ground Bison

Protein 31g
Fat 19 g
Carbs 65 g
Calories 570
Ingredients Quinoa, Ground Bison (Ground Bison, Espresso Sea Salt (Sea Salt, Espresso Beans, Silicon Dioxide (Anti-Caking Agent)), Red Pepper Flakes, Parsley, Garlic Salt (Salt, Dehydrated Garlic), Garlic Powder, Oregano, Black Pepper), Tomato Sauce (Whole Peeled Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Basil Leaf, Tomato Paste (Tomatoes, Citric Acid), Basil, Sugar, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Oregano, Parsley), Bell Pepper, Green Onion

Unstuffed peppers... They taste just like stuffed peppers with all the fresh ingredients and tomato sauce.

Pros

• Taste like unstuffed peppers
  • Fresh ingredients
  • 570 calories
  • 31 grams of protein
  • Good flavor

Cons

• Cost is high $12.95

This is a small company that does batch to order. I found out about this company from the website cleverhiker. So I took a swing and ordered some food. Think stuffed pepper meal, just unstuffed. The meat is espresso-salted Bison and it comes with San Marzanos tomato sauce and bell peppers, onion, and quinoa.

SANY0508.jpg
This has a very aromatic smell and flavor. The cost is a little high, but they source products from family farms and ranches to make their food.

SANY0509.jpg
I just added the 12 oz of water. I let it stand for 5 minutes in my cozy.

SANY0510.jpg

SANY0511.jpg
All mixed up—as you can see it's a nice looking meal.

This was a surprise tasting this meal. I was waiting to go, "Nope." But, I liked it so much I ordered another for a day I have trail maintenance.

I hope you take a chance. The website is www.bushkaskitchen.com.

Experience

Been backpacking since I was 13 years old. I am a long distance hiker. I also belong to one of the Appalachian Trail clubs.

I love getting new outdoor brand recommendations, Denis, especially food ones (we all have to eat!). Thanks for sharing this one with us. Their offerings sound good.

denis daly

Alicia I was thinking why not let everyone know..Small company doing things by batch till the y get automated. Plus the food was good. I ordered more of their products cause an outdoor retailer has a outside challenge going on local to me, So i use these and other outdoor food to eat.

Absolutely, Denis! It's a service to the brand and to fellow hikers/outdoors people to let us know about small companies making good stuff.

KiwiKlimber

Sounds better than actual stuffed peppers. Thanks for the review!

denis daly

Kiwi I think you ll like it if you try it

Review Your Gear to Win Kora Wool Activewear worth $660