Cabela's Guidewear X300 Gore-tex Parka

Q&A

Have a question about waterproof? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

A quality rain jacket that runs true to size.  I…

Summary

A quality rain jacket that runs true to size.

Pros

• Very well made
  • It’s waterproof after 5 years.

Cons

• Color selection

I have used this for several years in Canada on fishing trips where it rains every day typically.

I have also used it on day hikes at Bar Harbour where it has rained.

Thanks for the review, Remington Man. How well does the jacket breathe for you?

This is one superb jacket for any type outdoor activity.

This is one superb jacket for any type outdoor activity. I recently got the jacket and get it tested under a downpour for almost three hours.

My feet got soaked ankle deep, but the jacket kept me somewhat dry; not because of any leakage from the shell, but due to not so good breathing. X300 Guidewear shell is tough enough but I presume it is somewhat restricting the breathing ability of the jacket.

Other than that, it's got plenty of pocket for storage and a good size hood, could have been made to weigh less though. The sizing is a little off. I wear XL and obviously ordered XL, but the jacket feels like XXL so I pulled the belt strap hard to better fit the jacket over my body.

Overall, it is good jacket. I am sure it will last many years to come
cabelas-jacket.jpg