Canada Goose Chilliwack Bomber - Men's
I bought my Chilliwack in 2006 for 300 dollars (at…
Price Paid: 300 CAD
I bought my Chilliwack in 2006 for 300 dollars (at that time there wasn't all the hype around CN). It served me well for 5 years and I think that for 300 dollars it was a little bit too expensive for what it is but not to much (maybe 50 dollars too much). Now the price is hideously expensive and I wouldn't recommend this jacket for the following reasons:
- It's super heavy (more than 3 pounds) and not so tough. After 4 years, longitudinal stitching from both arms started to show some tears. With the time being, more tears appeared. I only used it 2 weeks this year.
- The down quality is OK but not exceptional neither,
- It's a stitch trough construction, which means that you have cold spot.
- The down has been processed with dry cleaning. It kills the durability of the down. My jacket is not as lofty as it used to be and I really took care of it. Never send your jacket to CN to clean it.
- Everybody owns a Chilliwack now, so it's boring.
I was pleased with the jacket for some years. My only complaint was about the sleeves not being enough filled.
But after some years of use, I'm quite disappointed of the overall performance. I'll never buy a Canada Goose again: Super heavy without being super durable, not so high quality down, and the worst is that you have to dry clean it when it's dirty.
For a jacket with a price tag over 400 dollars, forget about it.
I own a Canada Goose Snow Mantra and a Chilliwack…
Price Paid: $445 CAD
I own a Canada Goose Snow Mantra and a Chilliwack Parka. The Snow Mantra is very warm, so warm that I hardly ever wear it (live in Ontario, Canada). If it is warmer than -20C/-5F it is too hot to wear.
The Chilliwack is much better. I wear it throughout most of the winter and it keeps me very warm.
My wife also has a Chiliwack and an Expedition Parka. Neither of us have had any issues with the zippers. Very happy with our Canada Goose products.
Bought coat in spring, never wore it until December…
Price Paid: $485
Bought coat in spring, never wore it until December and coat will not zip. I had two of my friends try and the retailer manager, none of whom could zip it. Canada Goose took two weeks to simply get a ra number for retailer to send product back.
Once they got it, they say it works fine and i just need to get "used to it." I am almost 40 years old, so I have been zipping for a good while, but I guess myself and others here in Michigan need a remedial zipping class.
It has been a month and a half and I still have not even got the coat back. Not what I expected out of a $400 plus coat.