Not just a great hiking boot but my favorite shoe…

Materials: leather
Use: from dayhikes to trails with medium packs.
Break-in Period: about 8-10 miles

Not just a great hiking boot but my favorite shoe to wear just about anywhere. I thought they were crazy expensive when I first bought them but looking back, they have been one of few things that have lived up to what I paid. My Garvins have seen everything from Yellowstone backpacking to a wedding to horseback riding to fancy restaurants.

The quality is what makes them my favorite. No seams to split or let water in, no Gore-tex to make your feet too hot in the summer, simple, useful design that makes them blend with whatever you wear and longevity that surpasses any other hikers I have had. They have formed to my feet and feel like part of my them. My biggest problem is that I did not purchase a second pair while they were being made. Now I can't find a pair of men's Garvins anywhere.

I bought these sight unseen on the internet and was…

Price Paid: low

I bought these sight unseen on the internet and was sorely disappointed. They didn't fit right and hurt my feet to walk in them. I think they hurt not due to the fact of fitting, they just have some things that rub the wrong way. They are just a tad small in the toe box. The reasons for not liking them may be my own fault but they don't fit to size if you ask me.

I have been wearing Chaco sandals for five years and…

Materials: Leather
Use: short treks and travel
Break-in Period: minimal

I have been wearing Chaco sandals for five years and am amazed at the outstanding quality, performance and aesthetics that Chaco produces. The Chaco Garvin is no different. I wore the Garvins to the wildlife animal park here in Glendale, AZ, and was so impressed I immediately ordered a second pair.

Just like the sandals the boots excel in quality, performance and aesthetics. There really is a noticable advantage in the Biocentric design they build into their products, Chaco doesn't just talk the talk they Walk the Walk pun intended. Walking in their products is a good experience, and I will continue to use and promote the Chaco company.

The Garvin has been discontinued.

The Chaco Garvin is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 11, 2008 at GearTrade.

Six Moon Designs Silver Shadow Review