I got these in late August when I saw them for only…

Break-in Period: 1 day

I got these in late August when I saw them for only $53 at Backcountry. When I got them out of the box, I immediately when for a little trail run in the rain. Almost no discomfort. At fist the toe strap would tighten, but after break in, this problem went away.

The next day I took wore them to the MN state fair for the entire afternoon. This included miles of walking and 45 minutes of swing dancing. No blister whatsoever. By the end of the day they were broken in.

I've gone for several hikes in these things and find them to be about as stable as my backpacking boots. I cant wait to try some backpacking with them. I also wore them for two days of straight of fishing...meaning that I was on my feet all day both days. No sore feet there either.

Two notes: when I got them, the main strap was a bit long for me. This really was no problem though when you consider that Chaco will shorten them and ship them back for free. They received my sandals on a Wednesday, and had them back in the mail that Friday. Great CS if you ask me.

Also, the bottom might make some feet sore at first, but you'll just need to get some calus on your feet.