A well put together skull cap with built in ear protection.

Disclosure: The author of this review received a sample of the product from the brand or its representative in exchange for a review.

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)

Summary

A well put together skull cap with built in ear protection. Perfect for wearing under a helmet.

Pros

• Well designed coverage
  • Lightweight and thin
  • Adds additional warmth to any helmet

The Chaos CTR Adrenaline Combo Skully takes the best features of a thin skull cap and adds effective ear protection. Part of the Chaos Thermal Regulating (CTR) line of products, the skull cap portion features a fabric of 85% Polyester, for warmth and 15% Elastane, for a nice snug fit. The lower ear protection fabric is comprised of 83% Acrylic 11% Merino Wool, for warmth and comfort, and 6% Elastane for fit. This combination makes for a good fit and provides quite a bit of warmth when worn alone and greatly increases the warmth of a helmet when worn underneath.

I never head for the ski hill without the Combo Skully in a jacket pocket. If my head gets a little cold I just slip on the Skully under my helmet and I am nice and toasty. In cold blowy weather, I really like that the Skully covers my head between my goggles and helmet. It keeps those ice cream headaches at bay. The fabric does a good job of wicking away moisture should I start to overheat.
IMG_20170315_125302961_HDR_1.jpg

I also like to bring the CTR Skully on my backpack trips as I have found it works well around camp and sleeping with it on provides a lot of extra warmth on cold nights. If I feel a little too warm I just fold up the ear covers to modulate the warmth.

The fact that it weighs next to nothing and folds into such a small package makes it a great choice to bring along on any outdoor activity. For less than 20 bucks you can't beat the price.

Price: $19.99

Colors: All Black, Black/Grey

Disclosure: I received a sample of this product for purposes of this review, but the opinions expressed are my own.