Cnoc Outdoors Vecto

Packed size 7 x 2 x 1.5 in / 17.5 x 5 x 3.75 cm 7 x 2 x 2 in / 17.5 x 5 x 5 cm
Trail size 13.5 x 7 in / 34 x 17.5 cm 17 x 7 in / 43 x 17.5 cm
Material Made from FDA approved TPU / BPA free
Operational temperatures 20°F / -6°C to 120°F / 49°C

A tough little reservoir that should last me for years to come.

Pros

• Easy to fill
  • Easy to open and close
  • Inexpensive
  • Rugged—though, I'm not hard on most equipment.
  • Easy fit to a Sawyer filter

Cons

• None, so far

Just got back from eight days backpacking the Collegiate Peaks Wilderness Area. Used the Cnoc water bladder (2 liter) as my dirty bag with a gravity filter.

Unlike my garbage Platypus system, the Cnoc is constructed light, was easy to fill, and the fold and slider system was easy to open and close. It matched up perfectly to my full size Sawyer filter. Even when filled to full capacity, the bladder never leaked top or bottom.

When filling from a lake, I recommend using a cup or your cook pot to bail the water into the bladder.Vecto.jpg

Experience

First-time user

Price Paid: about $16.99

Thanks for the review, Nick, especially as I'm not as familiar with this brand. Do you have any pictures of your reservoir and your setup as a gravity filter you could show others in your review?

Thanks for the picture, Nick! I hope you'll consider reviewing your Sawyer filter sometime too.

Great idea, very poor execution.

Pros

• Capacity

Cons

• Slider
  • Sawyer filter connection

First, getting the slider off the bag is ridiculously hard. I have to push the slider against a door jamb and try to slip the bag out of the slider. Try that when you're in the back country.

Second, screwing the filter onto the bag is, again, ridiculously hard. The threads on the bag are too small and/or soft to make the process easy. If the white gasket on the filter is the least bit off kilter, the connection doesn't work.

I had such high hopes and was sorely disappointed. My Vecto is definitely not going with me on the trail.  When I'm backpacking, I want equipment that I can count on—not something that I have to fiddle around with to make it work maybe.

Don't waste your money on the Vecto, IMHO.

Price Paid: $15 or so

Welcome to Trailspace, Dennis. Thanks for the review.

Solid water storage. The material the Vecto is built with is several notches above any other. It's superior in its ability to take abuse and withstand being full and packed tight in a pack, dropped on the ground, thrown etc. No worries about it leaking or bursting inside your pack.

Pros

• Durability
  • Function
  • Adaptabiility

Capacity is 2L+. The wide mouth opening is easy to use when scooping from shallow streams or water sources. The locking strap ensures this thing is not coming open in your pack and can easily hang from any thing without fear.

The screw opening at the bootom is standard threaded so the Hydro Blue Versa Flow and Sawyer systems will fit right on to it.

Bottom line, this is a tough water bladder. Money well spent in my mind for something that will last, is easy to use, and serves its purpose without dependancy.

I did a YT unboxing here:

Thanks for bringing this brand to our attention, Brian. I hope you'll update us on how your Vector works out.