Weight 75 g / 2.6 oz
Capacity 2 L / 68 oz
Packed size 7 x 2 x 1.5 in / 17.5 x 5 x 3.75 cm
Trail size 13.5 x 7 in / 34 x 17.5 cm

Q&A

Have a question about reservoirs? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

Great idea, very poor execution. First, getting the…

Price Paid: $15 or so

Summary

Great idea, very poor execution.

Pros

• Capacity

Cons

• Slider
  • Sawyer filter connection

First, getting the slider off the bag is ridiculously hard. I have to push the slider against a door jamb and try to slip the bag out of the slider. Try that when you're in the back country.

Second, screwing the filter onto the bag is, again, ridiculously hard. The threads on the bag are too small and/or soft to make the process easy. If the white gasket on the filter is the least bit off kilter, the connection doesn't work.

I had such high hopes and was sorely disappointed. My Vecto is definitely not going with me on the trail.  When I'm backpacking, I want equipment that I can count on—not something that I have to fiddle around with to make it work maybe.

Don't waste your money on the Vecto, IMHO.

Welcome to Trailspace, Dennis. Thanks for the review.

Solid water storage. The material the Vecto is built…

Summary

Solid water storage. The material the Vecto is built with is several notches above any other. It's superior in its ability to take abuse and withstand being full and packed tight in a pack, dropped on the ground, thrown etc. No worries about it leaking or bursting inside your pack.

Pros

• Durability
  • Function
  • Adaptabiility

Capacity is 2L+. The wide mouth opening is easy to use when scooping from shallow streams or water sources. The locking strap ensures this thing is not coming open in your pack and can easily hang from any thing without fear.

The screw opening at the bootom is standard threaded so the Hydro Blue Versa Flow and Sawyer systems will fit right on to it.

Bottom line, this is a tough water bladder. Money well spent in my mind for something that will last, is easy to use, and serves its purpose without dependancy.

I did a YT unboxing here:

Thanks for bringing this brand to our attention, Brian. I hope you'll update us on how your Vector works out.

1 year ago