Coghlan's Inflatable Air Cushion

photo: Coghlan's Inflatable Air Cushion pillow

Price Historic Range: $5.99
Reviewers Paid: $5.50
Size 15 in x 15 in / 38 cm x 38 cm

Six bucks for a seat pillow that does the same thing as a $40 Thermarest. Count me in. I've got 5 Thermarest pillows that either sprung unfixable leaks (my bad) or delaminated over 20 years. Only bad thing is you have to blow it up like an air mattress; no internal self inflating foam.

Pros

• 6 of these for one Thermarest butt pad? Do the math.

Cons

• Gotta have five breaths to fill it up.

They're practically disposable.

I also would have given it a 5, but I agree about the air valve.

I've been using this for about 9 years. It's a necessary 6 oz, because I'm a side sleeper. This pillow has outlasted 2 sleeping bags, 3 pairs of boots and a lot of other gear. Back when I bought it, this was the price point for the deluxe model with some flocking on one side (the valve side). I place the inflated pillow inside a t-shirt or sweatshirt and it's a god-send.

It also makes a comfy seat when partially inflated.

Buy it - you won't regret it.

Weight: 6 ounces

Basically this thing is great. It is inexpensive, comfortable, light weight, and packs small. Therefore I laugh at the folks that drop $20-$40 on a pillow that won't pack as small, isn't as comfortable, but it probably looks cool.

The only reason I wouldn't give this a full 5 stars is because the air valve is a bit wimpy, but at that price I don't expect much. Throw on a fuzzy fleece pillow case and this thing can't be beat.

Fill: air