Coldpruf Platinum II Pant

photo: Coldpruf Platinum II Pant base layer bottom

Price MSRP: $33.00

Disclosure: The author of this review received a sample of the product from the brand or its representative in exchange for a review.

ColdPruf has better quality materials (not cotton) than the old stuff I have, and the fit is much better. There are excellent sizing charts and sizes for tall people, like myself. The fit is great. I could comfortably play sports or other activities in the Platinum II without any range of motion restrictions. It is tight enough fitting for a base layer (the modern name for long underwear), but not too tight. Recommend for active people in cold weather.

Pros

• Comfortable fit
  • Quality materials
  • Very warm
  • Good range of motion

As a member of another website, I get products to test from time to time in exchange for a review. This time I got to test the ColdPruf Platinum II Pant base layer.

Being from Wisconsin, I have to own long underwear to really enjoy going outside in the winter. I've always found the stuff I had to be uncomfortable and hard to move around.

I wore these camping over Labor Day weekend when it got down into the mid-40s, and I was comfortable without any coat or outer layer. In the winter I would wear these under other appropriate clothing and I'm confident I'll be warm enough.

The best part about ColdPruf is the value. You are getting very high quality, warm base layer for a great price. I can whole-heartedly recommend them.

UPDATE: I used these numerous times over the winter and love how I can move well in it and it is quite warm.  They also seem durable.

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)

Please let us know how your base layers hold up with more wear and use, Jimmy.