Coleman Dual Fuel 2-Burner Stove

photo: Coleman Dual Fuel 2-Burner Stove camp stove

Price Current Retail: $124.49-$148.99
Historic Range: $83.93-$148.99

An old school stove that works well and is cheap on fuel.

Pros

• Size and weight for a base camp stove
  • Uses more economical fuel, 1 gallon of fuel lasts a long time
  • Parts are easy to find

Cons

• You have to read the instructions
  • It requires maintenance
  • After your trip you need to drain fuel and run it dry.

I have used this stove for years from summer fishing trips to camping at above 8,000 feet in Colorado in October with no issues. All I have used in mine for fuel is Coleman White gas and it is much cheaper to run than stoves that use propane gas bottles. Besides it's more green than all the 1lb bottles in the trash can from propane stoves.

I have used this type of stove while in the Cdn. Army and on my own camping trips. I use it for vehicle and ATV camping. It is very reliable and I have used it in -20°C. Like it because the fuel is the same with other stoves I use.

Pros

• Reliability

Cons

• size

Setup is pretty easy and it has sides to block the wind.  Ignition is pretty easy to prime, careful not to have your fuel tank too full much trickery to light then.  Flame control is great, many settings. Cooking is pretty convenient with the flame control and two burners can boil water and cook at the same time.

Great for larger parties.  Boil time is longer then other stoves especially if using both burners. Has a great wind screen. Fuel efficiency is about average just below average compared to other stoves I've used, WhisperLite and Coleman Featherlite.

Price Paid: long time ago about $120