Coleman Golden Hiking Boots

rated 3.50 of 5 stars
photo: Coleman Golden Hiking Boots hiking boot

Men's
Price Reviewers Paid: $29.00-$50.00

Soles wear down quickly and allow water seepage.

Pros

Cons

• Cracking soles
  • Water leakage

These shoes are comfortable and support my feet well in dry conditions.

They don't last long however. The soles are poorly made and crack allowing water and rocks to seep in. I have gone through two pair in two years.

Welcome to Trailspace, Mary! Thanks for sharing your experience with these boots. If you have any pictures of their failures, those would be helpful for others to see in your review. Thanks again!

These Coleman boots are awesome.

• Affordable

Cons

• None

These Coleman boots are awesome. My son and I wore these just once for six miles before going on vacation. We then hiked out of the Grand Canyon from Phantom Ranch to the South Rim—one of the toughest trails in the country.

No blisters or hot spots. The long range models are the best boots I have ever had.

Welcome to Trailspace, Luc. I hope you keep us posted on how these boots continue to work out for you. Do you have any pictures of your Coleman boots you could show others in your review?

Not for avid hikers. Should be good for street wear.

Pros

• Nice looking

Cons

• Sole is not thick enough

Bought the women's hiking boots. Great deal at $29.92. Good looking, lightweight.

Only problem and reason I'm going to return them is the sole is so thin that I can feel every rock and twig that's on the trail. Not good at all.

Welcome to Trailspace, Candi. Good luck finding new boots.

Good hikers for the price. Unless you're doing much more serious hiking than me (and I put pretty tough miles on my hiking boots) they are a good pair of boots. Surprisingly good grip even on wet surfaces. Mine fit about half a size too large, so take that into account.

Pros

• Price
  • Grip
  • Ankle atability

Cons

• Not waterproof

I bought these at Big 5 on sale for $29. They aren't top of the line, but $200 hikers don't make the views any prettier or the deer any bigger.

With normal Nike socks on they fit about half a size too large, so take into account whether or not you'll be wearing thicker hiking socks. If so, they'll fit about right.

They're actually more comfortable than I expected they'd be. They took about 8 miles to really break in, but now that they fit my foot they are pretty nice and quite stable as well.

You will want to buy a waterproofer if you're going to be anywhere wet or if you'll be hiking when there is a dew on the ground. The tongue and sides have small mesh, but simple spray on waterproofer worked fairly well for me. (I spray more on every few miles, depending on how wet of conditions I've been hiking through.)

Traction is awesome, much better than I expected from a $30 pair of hikers.

Welcome to Trailspace, Zach!

I bought these at Big 5 for $29. I doubt they'll last as long as boots costing ten times the price, but for the price you can't beat them. They weigh only a pound.

Pros

• Price
  • Stability

Cons

• Not waterproof

They weigh only a pound but are quite comfortable on the trail and stable. I never slip or slide, even on wet rocks or sand.

Don't waste money on more expensive boots unless you plan to hike Mt Everest. Don't be an equipment snob with the latest brand name stuff. A tent is a tent. Boots are boots.  Stop trying to impress other hikers with your imaginary "good taste". No one cares what kind of pack you have or what boots are on your feet.

Hi Jim, How long have you had your boots and how many miles have you put on them? I hope you'll keep us posted on how they continue to work out for you.

Win Kora Wool Activewear for Year-Round Adventuring

Klean Kanteen 27oz Classic Review

GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Dualist HS Review

NiteCore NU25 Review

Which Leather Waterproofing/Conditioner Do You Use and Why?

Zamberlan Baffin GT Review