Coleman Northstar PerfectFlow InstaStart Propane Lantern

This is a great lantern and I actually use it at home…

This is a great lantern and I actually use it at home much more than I do camping. I'm a falconer and many, many times I get home late at night and have to use it to make my way back to the mews (cages) for the hawks and falcons. It is very bright and works extremely well.

My only complaint and the reason I dropped 1/2 of a star from the rating is the instant light sometimes doesn't work on the first try and if you don't let the gas dissapate from the globe and "click it again" you get a flash of gas out the top and bottom of the globe which can scare you if you're not expecting it! Otherwise it is a great investment!

The Coleman Northstar PerfectFlow InstaStart Propane Lantern is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 27, 2010 at Backcountry.com.

Katadyn BeFree 0.6L Review