Great waterproof shell, stood up to 40+ mph driving…

Source: bought it used

Summary

Great waterproof shell, stood up to 40+ mph driving sleet and snow. It never became wet inside the jacket after four hours in those elements.

Pros

• The zip-out fleece jacket if it's not warm enough can be zipped out and another brand can be zipped in its place. I zipped in a North Face 800 fill hooded jacket and now this combo is waterproof and super warm!

Cons

• The fleece linings are the weak point of any Columbia 3-in-1 combo, just substitute a down jacket for the fleece then you will have a damn good jacket!

The Columbia Titanium shell I bought looks brand new. It was just missing a fleece or quilted zip-in jacket, but I looked around for something warmer to zip into the shell if possible because you have to match up the zipper teeth and that's a task unto itself.

Even other Columbia fleece jackets I found wouldn't work with that shell until I found a North Face 800 fill, and it zipped into that shell so slick and easy I'm going to say I've got the warmest Columbia jacket here in Minnisnowta!

Experience

I haven't any experience with Columbia products, but with the right guts to the shell it could be very waterproof and warm.

Welcome to Trailspace, David! It sounds like you found a good setup for not much money.

This is the Titanium waist length jacket. I use it…

Fabric: ?

This is the Titanium waist length jacket. I use it as a stand alone jacket. I don't zip it into a shell. This one is black with grey trim and is one of the coolest looking jackets I have ever owned. Very sharp! For me, this is a dressy jacket and don't wear it afield. I have plenty of other coats to wear in rough country.

It's a warm spring/fall jacket and has a waterproof membrane.

My biggest gripe is the two way zipper that is very tricky to operate. Seating the zipper sometimes takes 30-60 seconds. I Love the jacket but the zipper makes me howl with anger. I've had this jacket for a few years. Hopefully Columbia has solved the zipper problem by now.

I'm in the UK, but I bought this jacket out in Boston.

Fabric: Omni-Tec
Fill: Fleece

I'm in the UK, but I bought this jacket out in Boston. It's very warm, very waterproof - but breathes realy well. I have now had it for around two years, and besides a very small amount of wear near the (storm) cuff, it's still in near perfect condition (and it gets a lot of use). Very good buy - shame we can't get the things over here - or I might buy another one ! (hence my search on the net!)

This coat is the most expensive coat that I have ever…

Fabric: omni tech
Fill: fleece liner

This coat is the most expensive coat that I have ever bought. It is also the best, it is so warm and has so many great features I would never buy a different coat. I have read other reviews on this jacket that have complained about it being unproportioned and that it bunches up. Neither my dad or myself have had problems with our coats (he has a titanium too) maybe that reviewer was the one that is unproportioned. Hats off to the folks at Columbia!

David lodermeier

Dude you most certainly over paid for that jacket, buy a used one and put a different zip in jacket . . Say like a down one that matches the zipper teeth.

David lodermeier

Custom made jacket that fits your personal needs not a general overall one jacket made for all. My 3way Columbia Titanium is a multitude of colors the two jackets colors don't match but it's warm as Satan's pad !!

I have never before experienced buying an expensive…

I have never before experienced buying an expensive coat and gotten such complete satisfaction. I have been wearing this awesome coat for 3 years and even in -30 below I am as toasty as I can be. I sometimes wear it with the liner I bought separately that is also a titanium, but I find I get too warm. This is the only coat I will ever buy. I cannot believe the quality.

Overall this is a pretty well rounded jacket. It has…

Fabric: OMNITECH
Price Paid: $300+

Overall this is a pretty well rounded jacket. It has all the features of the big brand name companies but at a lower price. It's got powder skirt, waterproof/breathable membrane, zip in fleece, tear resistant nylon guards, and much more. The only problem I encountered was the zipper, I had a hard time zipping it from the bottom, but overall a terrific jacket.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Titanium Jacket versions

In addition to the 6 men's reviews above, there are 5 reviews for other versions of the Titanium Jacket. Read all reviews »