Crispi Highland

rated 4.0 of 5 stars
photo: Crispi Highland backpacking boot

Price Reviewers Paid: $400.00

Backpacking boots with gaiter included.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Regular backpacking boot
  • Traction

Just got the boots, so this might change.

After a short walk in an inch of snow I am impressed by the grip of the soles. After using them most of the day as "regular" shoes/boots they still impressed me. They had an exceptional grip, comfortable to walk with both on and off road. I stood for 10 minutes with water almost to the top of the boot and it was still dry.

After being used to boots that needed more than a few miles to break-in I was surprised to find this more or less an immediate fit. Slightly narrow by the toes, I guess that will change after a short break-in.

Temp control was good.

Getting the shoes on was a hassle.

Yes... they look a little strange, but they are waterproof to just below my knee. I can open up the gaiter and regulate the temperature. The gaiter insulates. If it is cold I'll just get wool leggings under.

I'll update it when I have used them a little more.

HIGHLAND.png

Price Paid: about $400

Hi Even, I hope you'll let us know how these boots work out after you've used them this winter. I'm curious if you end up preferring them with the integrated gaiter or see advantages to having separate boots and gaiters.

g00se

I agree with Alicia, please keep us posted. I'm not sure I would like being tied into having to wear a gaiter. Strikes me as limiting. Please let us know what you think.