Dagger Axis 10.5

photo: Dagger Axis 10.5 recreational kayak

Price Current Retail: $1,058.95
Historic Range: $599.00-$1,121.00

Perfect crossover kayak. Just what I was looking for!

Pros

• Versatility — lake to whitewater
  • Comfortable seat

Cons

• I have yet to find any

Little-Maumelle-pix-1-.jpg

Little-Maumelle-pix-1-.jpg

I kayak the waters of northern Arkansas and southern Missouri, so I wanted a kayak that would do well on lakes or on Class I to III rapids. I found just what I was looking for with this one! I also like to do nature photography, and the skeg makes a big difference in keeping me on track toward my subject.

The seat is adjustable and very comfortable, even during a 10-hour float. I am a 57-year-old woman, and I wanted one light enough I could lift by myself. At under 50 pounds, this is one I can handle. I am loving this yak!

For me, this is the perfect crossover kayak. I just got it at the beginning of the summer and haven't used it for a multi-day float yet, but it seems to have enough room for camping gear. The dry hatch in the back is nice and so far has kept whatever I've put in there dry.

I really like the console along the floor of the kayak. It has some bungees and a drink holder.

The bungee system atop the kayak is well designed. I like the material on top that holds small items in place. Very handy!

Price Paid: $600 and a trade-in