I'm returning it. Urgh I so wanted to love this one!

Summary

I'm returning it.

Pros

• More pockets

Cons

• Fit is all wrong

Urgh I so wanted to love this one!

The pack is superb, beautifully made, top materials, they really thought of everything.

Why am I returning it? Because it does not fit me at all:

Even though this is from the SL line, meaning "slim line", women specific, I swear it actually fits like a man's pack. The hip fins are not nearly as angled as they need to be and neither are the shoulder straps. I got nasty rub spots on my neck, collarbone and hip.

It's a real shame because the pack is really gorgeous and strong. It can hold a lot of stuff, and honestly after my first trip snowshoeing with it I was stoked, but when the soreness set in, I figured I'd try it again on a (no snow) hike and everything got worse.

It's probably an awesome pack for smaller men with shorter spines, but much as I wanted to love it, this one frankly hated me, lol.

Thanks for the review, Lillia. I noticed you like some other Deuter SL packs, but not this one. Did you notice if it was designed differently?

The Deuter ACT Trail Pro 32 SL is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 28, 2019 at REI.

NRS H2Core Silkweight Hoodie Review