Deuter Flight Cover

photo: Deuter Flight Cover pack cover

Price Current Retail: $39.00
Historic Range: $31.20-$39.00
Reviewers Paid: $30.00

Lightweight and durable bag to protect your backpack…

Price Paid: 30 usd

Summary

Lightweight and durable bag to protect your backpack when travelling, basic but enough for this purpose.

Pros

• Ease of use
  • Good price

Cons

• Just comes in one color
  • Does not have ID tag

Features:

• Weight: 12 oz (330 grs)
  • Volume: 90 liters
  • Size: 118 cm (H) x 72 cm (W) (Diameter)
  •          21 cm x 21 cm (once packed)

20170121_144741.jpg

This is a bag designed for backpackers who wants to protect their backpacks when taking a flight or travelling by public transport which generally does not care about your equipment.

20170121_145515.jpg

It’s made with a lightweight material, thicker than a normal rain cover and probably more durable. At top it has a piece of Velcro that allows you to join both sides of the bag and then roll it up easily, finally once you get it rolled you can close it by using a 20mm buckle made of plastic which has two rings one in each side that allows you to use a padlock. To transport it to the bus or where you want it has two carrying handles, one at the bottom and the other in one side.

20170121_154852.jpg

20170121_195444.jpg

You can pack it down in the pocket included inside the bag getting in a pack of just 21 cm in each side, so you can carry it easily in you backpack.

20170121_220136.jpg

For this review I used my Osprey Atmos 65 AG which is full loaded, including trekking poles attached outside of the pack as you can see in the picture.

20170121_195637.jpg

20170121_195339.jpg

20170121_195509.jpg

This bag comes in two sizes (60 and 90 liters). I got the bigger one and it is the best I think, not too loose and not too tight.

After giving a lot of nice features I’m going to talk about the cons:

I prefer one carrying handle at top instead of the bottom, because is easier to take it from that there.

It does not have any ID tag which will be useful in some situations.

And the least important is the color which comes only in black.

This is just my opinion so you can disagree with me.

Thanks again for letting me participate in this great forum.

Greetings from Chile.

G00SE

Thank you for the great review, Ignacio. When I fly, I shove my pack into an old army duffel bag. But this looks like a lightweight option.

Great review, Ignacio! Thanks for taking the time to share this option.

Ignacio Sáez Gajardo

Thanks to you for let me participate here, as soon as I can am going to continue reviewing some gear. Greetings.

We're glad you found us!