Durable pack, but not as versatile as I hoped. Pack…

Source: bought it used

Summary

Durable pack, but not as versatile as I hoped. Pack of this caliber should have an adjustable back.

Pros

• Water resistant
  • Outside harness

Cons

• Can not expand outside harness system
  • Tour+ outside pocket obsolete when pack is loaded
  • Pack too small for the side zipper (gimmick)

I will not review anything unless I have had the product at least a year. I find the pack does not fit well. I am 5'10" and when weighted and all the weight is on my hips a pack of this caliber should have an adjustable back.

I was hoping to replace a 2003 TNF Patrol Pack with this one. It is a great climbing pack. But because the buckles are only used by Deuter I can not expand the harness to carry float tubes, snowshoes, bed roll, etc.

I contacted Deuter Canada several times trying to buy buckles with no luck. So I will be hanging this on a wall for when I need a day-to-day pack.

I have been using this pack for work for a number of years and it has held up very well to the day-to-day abuse.

Experience

I own six 45L packs.

300winmag

Nice narrow pack for backcountry skiing. I got the Deuter Air Contact for its ability to inhale my LL Bean -20 down bag in its bottom compartment and its extending top which is like my old 7 1/2 pound Dana Terraplane.

1 month ago

The Deuter Guide Tour 45+ is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 4, 2016 at SunnySports.

Keen Targhee Vent Mid Review