Deuter Guide Tour 45+

photo: Deuter Guide Tour 45+ winter pack

Price Historic Range: $94.50-$189.00
Reviewers Paid: $100.00

Durable pack, but not as versatile as I hoped. Pack of this caliber should have an adjustable back.

Pros

• Water resistant
  • Outside harness

Cons

• Can not expand outside harness system
  • Tour+ outside pocket obsolete when pack is loaded
  • Pack too small for the side zipper (gimmick)

I will not review anything unless I have had the product at least a year. I find the pack does not fit well. I am 5'10" and when weighted and all the weight is on my hips a pack of this caliber should have an adjustable back.

I was hoping to replace a 2003 TNF Patrol Pack with this one. It is a great climbing pack. But because the buckles are only used by Deuter I can not expand the harness to carry float tubes, snowshoes, bed roll, etc.

I contacted Deuter Canada several times trying to buy buckles with no luck. So I will be hanging this on a wall for when I need a day-to-day pack.

I have been using this pack for work for a number of years and it has held up very well to the day-to-day abuse.

Experience

I own six 45L packs.

Source: bought it used

300winmag

Nice narrow pack for backcountry skiing. I got the Deuter Air Contact for its ability to inhale my LL Bean -20 down bag in its bottom compartment and its extending top which is like my old 7 1/2 pound Dana Terraplane.

300winmag

I gotta say that Trailspace's definition "winter packs" evidently means "winter DAY packs" for skiing and riding. And BTW, my Deuter pack is the large Air Contact 65+10.

1 year ago
Paul Lapierre GUIDE/OUTFITTER

I the summer I will use a 45lt pack. In the freezing temps and you need to carry extra everything. I bump it up to a 70lt when I am snowbound. Size and fit more than what it calls itself

1 year ago