Deuter Race X Air I SL

The Race X Air I SL has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best hydration packs for 2021.

photo: Deuter Race X Air I SL hydration pack

The women’s Race X Air I SL is part of Deuter’s line of Race Series packs designed for serious cross-country bike riders who value maximum ventilation, comfort, and capacity for longer rides. The Race X Air I SL utilizes the Aircomfort-System and features narrower shoulder straps, a shorter back length, and a three-liter hydration port.

Price Historic Range: $68.97-$118.95
Reviewers Paid: $68.97

This little pack is awesome. Plenty of room for snacks, rain gear, and jacket. 3 liters of water that doesn't taste like plastic. I love it and the SL fit is great!

I bought this as a day pack for a trip to Thailand and I've become so addicted to it I use it every week in the New England White Mountains even in the winter (day trips only obviously). I love the design that keeps the pack OFF your back with the mesh and keeps me from overheating.

I strap crampons/xtra clothes etc on the back of it with a big velcro strap and a crampon bag, and many many things hook onto the straps on both sides. I always overstuff it and it hasn't broken—and there is more mesh that pulls out from a zipper on the bottom to hold extra stuff.

Still, this is a hiking pack just for those who go 'light' (my dog carries extra stuff in her pack for me). This brand works well for short people like me.

Design: top loading