Deuter Trans Alpine 30

photo: Deuter Trans Alpine 30 daypack (under 35l)

Price MSRP: $129.00
Current Retail: $104.00-$130.00
Historic Range: $69.83-$130.00
Reviewers Paid: $120.00
Weight 2 lb 11 oz / 1230 g
Capacity 1830 cu in / 30 L
Size 21 in x 13 in x 9.4 in / 53 cm x 34 cm x 24 cm
Material Deuter-Ballistic

I bought this pack for hiking in Israel due to its side pockets which can hold large bottle of water! You can also add a hydration system. The compartments are very well organized. Perfect size for long day hikes with cameras, binoculars, guide books and lots of water. Extremely comfortable pack. The cooling system helps to keep the pack off your back and allows your back to breath in this heat. I know several people who have purchased this pack and are very happy with it.

Design: day-pack
Number of Pockets: 4
Max. Load Carried: 20 lbs.
Height of Owner: 6 feet

Small, but mighty!

Pros

• Well-featured for a small pack
  • Fairly priced
  • Reputable brand

I carried this pack on my back for the distance of the Camino de Santiago (500 miles), with all my belongings in it. Due to the nature of the Camino, I didn't need to carry a shelter or very much bedding, but I did manage to get my silk bag liner, folding travel trekking poles, clothing and personal items, and a filled water bladder and snacks into this bag.

When I flew into and out of Spain, I used this as a carry-on bag and didn't have to check any luggage! I would buy this bag agin, in a heartbeat.

bad part SMALL WATER BLADDER 4 A BIG BIKE PACK, but I put a 40 oz in on top of it with 2 tubes feeding the beast.

How to Get Outside and Recreate Responsibly this Winter