Eagle Creek Backcountry Guide

Q&A

Have a question about overnight packs? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

I am currently a high school senior, and about three…

Design: internal frame rucksack
Size: 2800 or 3200, depending on model
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: ~ 30-35 lbs.
Height of Owner: 5'7"

I am currently a high school senior, and about three years ago I bought a 2800 c.i. Backcountry Guide pack to replace the many crappy Jansport bags I had destroyed over the years. I needed a pack that I could use for both school and for hiking and short overnight trips, and this pack has proven itself an excellent all around pack. It is very ruggedly built, with the only downside being that the pack, shoulder straps, and hip belt are one integral unit. This pack has seen some pretty heavy use, from lugging around heavy textbooks to cross country skiing on Mt. Hood to climbing St. Helens. Another great use for this pack is for biking. The excellent compression and lumbar straps make it very stable on your back, and it will not slide forward on steep downhills. I highly recommed this pack to anyone in the market for a good rucksack, but keep in mind that it is not meant for extreme climbing, as it lacks an independent suspension system.