Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Lined Pants

Reviewers Paid: $50.00
Materials shell 94% nylon and 6% spandex / lining 100% polyester
Women's
Price Current Retail: $49.48

Crazy comfortable, well-built, and an easy trail-to-town transition.

Pros

• Warm
  • Durable and stretchy
  • Velcro back pockets
  • Shine on the trail and in town
  • Good, initial DWR

Cons

• May need a belt
  • Too warm for four seasons

I've never worn Eddie Bauer before but last fall I was looking for a pair of warmer hiking pants that would be both solid on the trail and not so "techy" that I couldn't wear around town in the winter. The Guide Pro Insulated checked the boxes and I'm stoked that I made the choice.

The Guide Pro hiking pants are pretty well known and the only difference here is the polyester fleece lining. Super soft against the skin and does a great job in fending off the wind and offering a warm, but not hot, layer when winter hiking. In the cold cold I still wear a baselayer, but I've these out on their own in the high 20's and have been perfectly comfortable. DWR is solid and sheds snow well.

The pants come with two front pockets, two deep, zippered cargo pockets and two back pockets—both of which come with Velcro to secure belongings. A great touch.

I did find that I needed to go up in size just a touch. Because I was specifically looking for something that would work on the trail but around town as well, I felt the slightly looser fit in the legs was the better call. Have to wear a belt now, but the fit is perfect. If you have bigger legs, and intend to layer and/or wear them off the trail, it might be a better call.

Put these on in November and they were much my daily wear until the snow melted. Really like the durability too. They feel like you could roll around on granite all day without an issue.

The $100 retail price is not out of the question, but if you keep your eyes open these do pop up on sale pretty frequently. I got mine for 50% off, through the EB site,  and it was probably my biggest score of the year. I got the "Smoke" color, which is actually a touch darker than the picture below.

Highly recommend these pants.

image1.jpg
Front
image-2.jpg
Lining

D Mizelle

Nice review. I have two pairs of the unlined and have used them since spring for work and play. Thanks T.J. you've helped me make up my mind on eventually buying a pair of the lined ones.

T.J.

Awesome. Glad to hear and thanks for sharing. You'll love them. My friend just bought some a couple of weeks and can't take them off. Happy Trails.

Want Two Puffy Jackets from Rab?

Six Moon Designs Minimalist V2 Review