This tent is great if you wanna be an ounce shaver…

Design: Single-wall freestanding dome
Ease of Setup: average
Weight: 4lbs 14oz
Price Paid: *

This tent is great if you wanna be an ounce shaver and need to keep to a budget. For the price I'd give this tent more like a 4 but you can get a lot more for another $100.

This is the cheapest single wall tent I know of and its major downfall is the problem with most single wall tents, ventilation. Other than that I found the headroom to be decent and the floorspace to be less than what's listed (I did the math and it's 31 sq. ft. instead of 33).

One the best things this tent has going for it is the vestibule size. Setup was a bit of a pain compared to other sleeveless tents but still better than those old dome tents that had those sleeves that would always come apart in the sleeve.

Bought this test on clearance because I wanted something…

Design: three-season freestanding
Ease of Setup: Very easy

Bought this test on clearance because I wanted something easier to set up, and because where I live, heat is a lot bigger problem than rain. Took it on a 4-day canoe trip down the Brazos, and it was a breeze to set up. It rained all night the first night, and didn't leak a drop. The floor didn't even leak where I put my tarp down wrong, and enough water pooled under the tent to make the floor look like a waterbed. Rained the second night too. Took away my fear of single wall tents, although there was a bit of condensation inside. Works best with one person.

The Eclipse Tent has been discontinued.

The EMS Eclipse Tent is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 31, 2008 at EMS.

Review Your Gear to Win a Hults Bruk Akka Axe or Helle Wabakimi Knife