EMS Feather Pack 800 Hooded

rated 4.50 of 5 stars (1)
photo: EMS Feather Pack 800 Hooded down insulated jacket

Men's
Price Current Retail: $137.99
Historic Range: $45.98-$171.75
Reviewers Paid: $104.00
Women's
Price Historic Range: $43.98

Nice jacket, solid construction, good fill on the down.

Pros

• Down-tek treated down
  • Light
  • Warm

Cons

• Water resistant, not proof
  • Maybe needs more pockets?

Got mine on sale on a Black Friday doorbuster so the price can't be beat. Large inside vest pocket for self packing is nice for keeping largish items warm — I like to go out and get a burger at Five Guys when walking my dog and then take it home for dinner (dog and burger).

Also has a drawstring to keep air seal around waist/hips. I could quibble about lack of a drawstring on the hood, but many jacket doesn't have that either.

Haven't yet taken it up hiking in the mountains but this with a fleece shirt and a waterproof rain shell jacket feels like it will keep me comfortable down to under 20 degrees. It's too warm when active at 40-45+, but you can always walk around unzipped (joke intended).

It does the job for a good price with a good fit. Solid construction feels like it is going to last. I'm satisfied.

Welcome to Trailspace, Tom. I hope you'll keep us updated on how this jacket works out for you.