My in-laws bought us this tent for an anniversary…

Design: freestanding dome
Ease of Setup: Easy as pie
Weight: 11 Lbs.
Price Paid: 200 CDN

My in-laws bought us this tent for an anniversary gift last summer. We've backpacked and car camped with this tent in rain, snow and sun and it has kept us dry as a bone. My only qualm with it is that the poles have a tendency to come unhooked while taking them out of the sleeve.

Other than that I have no complaints. It is incredibly easy to set up, looks great, holds up well in inclimate weather, is huge inside--big enough for two adults plus gear with room to spare, is almost tall enough for my 6'1" husband to stand up in, and I can stand completely upright being 5'4"!

Heavy for backpacking of course, but the tent was free so we used it anyway! We bought a Timberline 2 for backpacking this season, but the Scout will be well used too.

Insane, it was snowing inches an hour here and i wanted…

Design: three season free standing dome
Ease of Setup: easy
Weight: 9lbs

Insane, it was snowing inches an hour here and i wanted to set up the tent in a test fashion to see how it would hold up. set up in 5 min, and the snow was really coming down once set up i waited to see how the snow affected it. the wet snow made the poles sag, they sagged so far i thought they were going to break, then they popped right back out and remained unaffected, should be a four season tent.