Equinox Egret Nylon Tarp

Current Retail: $26.95-$124.95
Historic Range: $11.50-$124.95
Reviewers Paid: $7.99

Version reviewed: 5x7

Ok, first off I'm not giving this item a 4 star rating because anything is wrong with it. It's PERFECT for ultralight backpacking! It doesn't merit getting a 5 because it's just a tarp after all. However, it has proved itself to be a very reliable, lightweight, sturdy, and weather deterring addition to my backpacking gear.

I own the 5'x7', and even tho I'm a large guy standing at 6'3" and 200 lbs, it fits me under it just fine. Granted, a larger tarp or a tent will do better in extremely hostile weather, that's just something i deal with occasionally. If I'm gonna be long enough that i can't get an idea of the weather from the paper or internet, then i carry my little 2 man tent. However, for a weekend in the woods with a clear forecast, my tarp works excellently!

I would highly recommend this for anyone looking for a reliable and CHEAP means of lightweight shelter for light backpacking or even to carry on longer hiking trips. Even tho you'd have added weight, you will save HOURS of tent pitching time at campsites with a tarp. Best of luck and happy trails to you all!

Design: 5'x7' 4 sided/eight grommet sil-nylon tarp
Ease of Setup: if you can tie your shoes you can set this thing up!
Weight: under 1 lb!!!