Etowah Outfitters 8 x 10 Tarp

rated 5.0 of 5 stars

Price Reviewers Paid: $70.00

A very durable yet lightweight shelter for anyone not looking to spend hundreds of dollars on an overpriced shelter. Lighter than most more expensive shelters and made in the U.S.A.

Pros

• Well priced
  • Made is USA
  • Very light

Cons

• Sewn on stuffsack will wear out before the tarp

I picked this shelter up in 2006 and used it for 10 years before it finally wore out. For the price I don't think you could beat that.

I put an average of 30- 40 nights a year under this tarp before finally taking it with me on my 2014 thru hike of the Appalachian Trail. It made it halfway before finally needing to be replaced. After that I used it on fair weather hikes before replacing it with another Etowah tarp.

Made in U.S.A., very well priced, and overly trail proven, this tarp is an easy 5 stars.

Welcome to Trailspace, Joseph! Thanks for sharing your first review with us. Is/was your tarp silnylon? Also, have any pictures of yours you could share in your review?

Joseph McKenna

It was 1.1oz silnylon. Total weight of 15oz with guylines. No remaining pictures, looks like any 8x10 flat tarp. Mine was a semi transparent grey.

Thanks, Joseph!