Eureka! Canoe Pack SS75

photo: Eureka! Canoe Pack SS75 dry pack

Weight 3 lbs 8 oz / 1727 g
Capacity 75L
Material durable and waterproof 600D and 1000D polyester

Four-day canoe loop in Algonquin with full 24-hour thunderstorm, this pack kept my gear dry. Would rate 5 stars but the shoulder strap adjustment was a little bit lacking on the longest portages, but it is comfortable wearing while portaging a canoe.

I was packed a little heavy for this trip and this pack was a workhorse. I think with some adjustment, the strap adjustments will be fine for me. Outer grab handles and top lug handles are heavy and well placed for tossing in and out of boat.

Pros

• Little less expensive than the SeaLine
  • Good heavy duty grab handles

Cons

• Shoulder strap on heavy load long hauls

This pack was a workhorse for me on a four-day canoe loop in Algonquin.

24 hours of thunderstorm, and my gear stayed dry.

Comfortable with a heavy load and a canoe yoke on top of the shoulder straps, but on extended portages (2+ km) I found the shoulder straps needed better adjustment than I had set up with the heavier load. Some time spent dialing in the fit for next time and I'm sure it will be better.

External grab handles and top lug handle are heavy duty and well placed and suited for tossing the pack in and out of canoes and around camp. There are D rings on the external and I used small carabiners and clipped waterbottles and my pfd to them during hauling, so that is a convenient feature.

Experience

30 years plus

Price Paid: $125 Cdn

Welcome to Trailspace, Matt! Thanks for sharing a review of your canoe pack with us. If you have some pictures of it in use, those would be helpful to see in your review too. Thanks!