This pack is suprisingly comfortable for an external…

Design: External
Size: 5000
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 65
Height of Owner: 5' 10"

This pack is suprisingly comfortable for an external frame. It's got tensioning straps on the hipbelt and shoulder straps, as well as a sternum strap. Basically, it's got the same suspension adjustments as internal frame packs. It's also a well made pack, with a big top loading opening with a storm collar, a half moon zipper to access the area under the the divider in the main bag.

It's also huge (5300ci of bag space), and has 3 external pockets and lots of lashing points, including a long daisy chain. It will hold way more than you should ever carry.

The only thing I dislike is that the tensioning straps on the hipbelt and shoulder straps won't stay tight while I hike. I'm always retightening them. I'm guessing that if you put something sticky on the webbing, or got different plastic buckles, that they would stay tight.

Overall, it's a good pack. I'm tired of external frames, and I'm thinking about getting a Eureka internal frame. I also have a Eureka tent, and I think that they make good, affordable gear.

The Eagle has been discontinued.

The Eureka! Eagle is not available from the stores we monitor.

Outdoor Research Equinox Convert Pants Review