Eureka! Moonshadow Solo

Very low-weight and durable tent for a very low price.

Design: trhee-season tunnel-tent
Ease of Setup: very easy
Weight: 1.6 kg
Price Paid: 129 euros

Very low-weight and durable tent for a very low price.

I followed the instructions in the small manual to seam-seal the floor of the tent and not to seal the fly-sheet. I camped twice in it for a couple of days with rain during the whole night, and not a drop entered the tent.

I did have a lot of condensation however, humidity levels in the tent rising very high, in spite of the highly placed vent. I must add that I camped on forest ground, and a meadow, respectively, protected from the wind, under wet conditions. The tent is also quite warm.
Placing the back of the tent "in the wind" would help to lower humidity and condensation (according to another Moonshadow Solo review).

I had a lot of trouble finding a place for my shoes and my 55 (+10) liters backpack which hardly fit in the vestibule even after putting most of its content next to me in the tent first. I couldn't sit up straight either, so it's good for sleeping and reading a book while lying down, but nothing more.

Even though Eureka advertises with a 2.43 meters length (about 8 feet), this applies to the central 'meridian' of the tent; I'd really advise tall people to lie in it in the store before buying it, and not to buy it otherwise.

Conclusion:
This is a very reliable tent for people who don't like compromises, but don't want to spend too much money. The material is durable, (aluminium poles, fly-sheet and floor feel strong, although this is of course my personal impression). It keeps out the rain very well.

drawbacks: very limited space, a bit humid. Also I felt like I needed a lot of pegs (about 10 or 12). It's not freestanding of course.