I purchased a Eureka Summit in 1993 when I moved to…

Summary

I purchased a Eureka Summit in 1993 when I moved to Alaska. It is fairly heavy, and after 25+years of use, the zippers are finally failing. I am hoping I can fix this by replacing the zipper sliders.

Pros

• Very durable, has lasted me over 25 years in Alaska, mostly summer/fall camping.

Cons

• The 1993 model only had one entrance, so you had to get out of the tent to access gear in the back vestibule.
  • A heavy (~10lbs) tent when you include everything.

Experience

Camping in interior Alaska during summer/fall seasons.

This is a 4-season tent which is very easy to set…

Summary

This is a 4-season tent which is very easy to set up and take down, pack, and carry. It does not seem to be to waterproof, as every time I camp and get caught in the rain I do get wet.

Pros

• Easy setup and take down
  • Enough space to sleep 2 easy
  • Great storage, lightweight, small, and compact

Cons

• Leaks water, I have even re-waterproofed it and nothing

Welcome to Trailspace, Luther. How long have you had your Eureka? Got any pictures of it you could share in your review? Thanks.

I am now a devotee of Eureka. The North Face, etc.

Design: 3 pole modified dome, 3.5 season
Ease of Setup: very basic set up
Weight: 8 lbs

I am now a devotee of Eureka. The North Face, etc. tents were too much $$$ for similar design and features. The ventilation is fantastic, the vestibule provides the extra space you need for gear, a dog, etc. Kept us dry in Alaska last summer without seamsealing the fly (though I do not recommend this for anyone).

If you're looking for a good bargain and you live in Western/Northern NY (or know someone there), contact Eureka directly at their factory in Binghamton, N.Y., (call (315) info for the number). They sell their factory blemishes their for around $180. No mail order though.

Good tent for the money. Eureka claims it sleeps 3…

Design: 4 season dome
Ease of Setup: easy
Weight: 9 lbs

Good tent for the money. Eureka claims it sleeps 3 but you better be Real good friends. Good ventilation in summer. Held up well in snowstorms last winter.

The Summit has been discontinued.

The Eureka! Summit is not available from the stores we monitor.

Katadyn BeFree 0.6L Review