Tent 2 lb 9.9 oz
Floor Area 27 sq ft minimum
Height 32.5 in
Vestibule Area 2 vestibules 17+ sq. ft. minimum
Tent Body Freestanding w/ bathtub floor, 2 doors - 2 windows
Rain Fly Full coverage blockout, 2 vestibules, reversible Woodland Camo / Desert Tan with taped seams

Eureka! TCOP (Tent, Combat One Person) military issue…

Source: Received for $ I was owed

Summary

Eureka! TCOP (Tent, Combat One Person) military issue in woodland camo.

Pros

• BOMB PROOF!

Cons

• Weight
  • Price

I was working a side job for a guy in Oregon that owned a military surplus store. I agreed to work for half cash and half store credit. Once completed he owed me about $550 in gear. This one of the items I chose.

I have had it about four years now and it is simply AWESOME! I picked out three tents total and will do a little review on each of them, the Eureka! military tents: TCOP (Tent, Combat One Person), two-man USMC Combat Tent, and the ECWT ((Extreme Cold Weather Tent).

You can find all the actual specs for these at Eurekamilitarytents.com

tcop-1.jpg
This three pole design with two large doors and vestibules is tough, sturdy, low profile, large enough for two in a pinch and practically indestructible! Granted you could abuse this if you want, but with normal use and care this will last a LONG time.

The heavy duty rain fly is reversible from desert sand to woodland camo and is a full blackout material. I slept in this during daylight and could not see my hands in front of my face! At night there is no "glow" if you have a light on inside.

The only thing I did not like about it is the Eureka! Ultimate stakes. If you use a hammer or something to pound them in the ground when you go to pull them out the heads can pop off! The weight is a little heavy, but it's made to last!

Great ventilation, large storage areas, breathable fabric, tough floor material, and no real complaints. I have used this many times and it has been one of my favorite tents.

Dirk

Military generally doesn't skimp on personal gear

Go Time! (Jesse Maloney) BRAND REP

I would love to see more pics. Why 2 doors and 2 vestibules if a 1P tent? So if I'm reading the specs correctly, this would be about a 7-8 lb tent?

The TCOP has been discontinued.

No price on record.

The Eureka! TCOP is not available from the stores we monitor.

Six Moon Designs Minimalist Review