This is a tent that will always hold a special place…

Design: three-season single walled tent
Ease of Setup: I set up this tent before my buddies could figure out which way was which on their tent.
Weight: Unsure, but very lightweight, under 3 pounds.

This is a tent that will always hold a special place in my heart. Yes, it was my first tent. One of those things you spend hours just looking at the box in your room as a teenager. I have used it multiple times in a wide range of climates. It is an amazing tent. It does form a little condensation, but not nearly as bad as the review before. Maybe that person was unaware of a humidifier in their tent. Either way, it is nothing to complain about.

Extremely light and roomy for one person. It doesn't give that good a view since it is all single wall construction, but that is a sacrifice you make for weight. The next tent I got has a lot more mesh and isn't single walled, yet I will always hold on to the Zeus Exo.

I have used it while it was hot and humid, and used it in winter. It is not a four-season tent, and as you can expect I was freezing. However it withstood the elements extremely well and if I had a warmer bag I would have been fine.

Overall: this is an amazing tent. I would recommend it to anyone. The drawback is SLIGHT condensation and inability to see much around you.

I like this tent. Easy to set up, little condensation…

Design: 3 1/2 season freestanding
Ease of Setup: My dog could do it.
Weight: 3 lb, 11 oz (bag & all)

I like this tent. Easy to set up, little condensation IF YOU SET IT UP AS INSTRUCTED! One must open the side vents properly. Packs down small, so I can carry it inside my pack. For anyone who thinks the Zeus leaks--did you seam seal it? Stood up well to high winds, rain, and snow (the Priest Wilderness Area of Central Va.). Dislikes? A few. At 5'10", 180 lbs, found the vestibule a little small, but I usually just tie it off to the side.

Even in California's relatively dry Sierra, I always…

Design: Three-season, freestanding, single-wall dome
Ease of Setup: Very easy: two poles, clips on the tent body, bingo!
Weight: About 3 lbs.

Even in California's relatively dry Sierra, I always had lots of condensation inside the tent, even when I left the vestibule off to one side. Who cares if the tent leaks? It's so wet inside from condensation when you wake up: your own, homemade "rainstorm" pattering down on your bag.

I see that Eureka has done a major redesign on this line, now calling it the LE, and I hope the redesigned tents are drier!

In the meantime, I'm trying to sell my EXO. (I bought a Tarptent Virga, in which I've had no condensation and no leakage, either.)

The Zeus 1EXO has been discontinued.

The Eureka! Zeus 1EXO is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 25, 2007 at Gear for Adventure.

Win a Helle Wabakimi Knife by "Survivorman" and a Kupilka FireSteel