evolv Optimus Prime

The Optimus Prime has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best climbing shoes for 2022.

photo: evolv Optimus Prime climbing shoe

Great shoe. I ending up buying this the same size as my old Defys and it fits well. Very minimal stretch as you would expect from a synthetic shoe with a liner. As far as the smell goes its tons better with this shoe then my old Defys about par with my leather shoes.

This shoes is what I would called semi-aggressive. Were it is down turned its not so extreme as to make it impossible to climb vertical problems easily or smearing when necessary. This can be a problem with some more aggressive shoes Ive owned like the Evolv Predator/Talon or the Scarpa Boosters for example.

About the only downside I can really see with the shoe is that because of the symmetrical toe (rounded) as opposed to a typical asymmetrical (pointed) toe is the lack of ability to get into smaller pockets.

Other then that I can't complain. It's comfortable enough for all day sessions and yet still aggressive enough to hammer out that cave problem.

Materials: Synthetic, nylon mess
Use: vertical to steep face climbing and bouldering
Break-in Period: good out of the box

Awesome shoes just brilliant. True craftmanship on Sharma's part.

Materials: idk