Fabiano leather hikers

(no Gender)
Price Reviewers Paid: $75.00-$200.00
Men's
Price Reviewers Paid: $30.00

I bought my Le Fabiano boots at a mountaineer store in South Lake Tahoe, CA. I had just won a few bucks at Black Jack and thought I should buy myself something before I gave it back.

I was just 21 at the time. The boots were discounted because they had been returned worn. I still lace my friends up to this day, 28 years later! Best item I have ever purchased. Been all over in them. I'm about to put another sole on. Thinking about the Ortler 1016 from Vibram. Can't go wrong in my book. As a search and rescue volunteer, they require leather boots for fire resistance. I got'em. Best boot ever!

I pray I find another pair for the next 30 years!!

Materials: Leather
Use: 10 day Sierra high country to construction work on the job site
Break-in Period: It took me awhile. No blisters though.

Numerous Pecos Wilderness extended backpack trips from 1976 through 1997.

Never needed initial break-in.

Waterproofing with Sno-Seal as needed.

Roccia bloc sole wore out-montagne bloc replacement was tougher but not as sticky on rock.

Only other wear-out was laces.

They are retired to the basement now.

Sweet memories.

Materials: full grain, one-piece leather upper; roccia block sole.
Use: rough trail, mt. climbing, cross country w/pack-1 wk. wilderness trips.
Break-in Period: none-good out of box!
Weight: approx. 3.5# total
Price Paid: don't recall (27 yrs. ago)

You probably cannot buy these at any store, most likely. I happened upon them in my cellar and have loved them ever since. If you can find any new boots from this company send me some mail on it.

Materials: Leather (Inside and out)
Use: Heavy backpacking, light mountaineering
Break-in Period: Two weeks
Weight: 4 pounds (together)

I got these boots 11 years ago on sale. By far the best boot I have ever bought these boots are the type where they just won't crap out even after years of abuse I have hiked countless Fourteeners in both summer and winter I have hiked with them in Alaska and have put 1000's of miles on them and have never had a problem with them. My only complaint with these boots is that they don't crap out so I don't have an excuse to by a new pair. I love these boots.

Materials: Leather