Father Nature Outdoors Integrated Camping Blanket

Temp Rating 30 degree extreme
Stuff sack dimensions 12 x 8 in
Blanket dimensions 210 cm by 135cm / 82 x 60 in
User Size maximum 6'2" or 200 lbs

I bought this while deployed figuring it could serve…

Price Paid: 139 USD

Summary

I bought this while deployed figuring it could serve a few different purposes. It's served my few purposes very well and has taken a bit of a beating, but held strong. I look forward to trying it out in a few more climates but so far so good.

Pros

• Unique design
  • Strong construction
  • Affordable price

Cons

• Maybe heavy for backpacking
  • Stuff sack could be stronger

While deployed on an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf I was searching for a quality sleeping bag to use at night. I happened to stumble upon Father Nature Outdoors. I was looking for something a little different than the ordinary sleeping bag. The racks we sleep in don't give much room for manuvering so getting into a sleeping bag would be a struggle.

I liked the versatility of being able to lay it out into a blanket but also know that I can use it as a sleeping bag when I get home as well. I have already used it longer than the average  person will camping in a given year and have yet to see any problems with the construction of the bag.

I am more than happy with this purchase and if needed will purchase again in the future. I have already recommended this to many others aboard the ship. I look forward to further exploring with Father Nature.

Cons: It seems they sold this as a "camping blanket" as opposed to backpacking quilt. I imagine that's related to the weight. It's about two pounds I believe, which is a bit heavier than some quilts, but seems warm enough. The stuff sack could be tougher. I think it's the blanket material.

Pros: Pretty unique design compared to other quilts I was able to find. It's held strong so seems to be a solid value for the price.

Final Thoughts: I am pleased with the decision to purchase. Would recommend.

Welcome to Trailspace, Zach. Thanks for sharing your review of this brand with us.

g00se

The price isn't too bad, and this is lighter than my sleeping bag. I may have to look at this.

KiwiKlimber

Nice review, Zach. Thanks for sharing. Like you, I'd be interested to see how this performs in other environments as well. If you get it out in other circumstances, it'd be great if you could update the review to keep us informed. Sounds like you stumbled across a good product here.

Zach miley

Thanks guys. Good idea- Yeah I will update here as I get some more use. Looking forward to it!

Thanks, Zach!