Fischer XC Control

rated 2.0 of 5 stars
photo: Fischer XC Control nordic touring boot

Boots were very disappointing. Putting them on in the store they felt very comfortable but on my first ski the insoles crept back and wedged under the ball of my foot with tremendous force, very uncomfortable plus toes freeze.

Then after while mostly on a downslope it will snap forward again so fast it feels like your foot fell in hole it's weird.

To get by for the holiday weekend I bought some gel insoles at cvs and put those in skied about 8 miles no slipping, left foot fine, right side pinching pretty bad on heel up. Then it got warm creating wet snow and these boots are not close to waterproof not good when I am usually off track.

The velcro ankle strap is permanently attached which is not good with the short life span of velcro.

To sum it up if you ski on track, can get insoles that work, these boots would good for about sixty bucks as they ski fine. But at over a hundred bucks, made in china, and to call these boots top of the line is a joke.

I have been sking for 38 years and these are the poorest made boots i've ever used, including the old three pins. Thank God I bought them at Beans. They're going back.

mike