Fox River X-Static Liner
Best liner sock I've used.
- Effective thin but durable fabric
- Good fit—don't slip down and bunch up
- Quick drying
Although some folks opt not to use sock liners, I have used them for many years (decades). They tend to reduce the likelihood of blisters in various hiking and mountaineering footwear.
I've tried many forms over the years, but the X-Statics are my mainstay. They are lightweight, but hold up well, keep foot odor at bay, dry easily, and are pretty inexpensive. Unlike many liners I've tried that tend to slip down and bunch up, these stay in position well.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $8-12, depending on sale pricing
A very good sock (liner sock) that is now my only choice as a liner and even sometimes just as a very thin sock. I have tried many makes and models of liner socks and so far this model is not bumped from the top.
- odor control
- fit and stability
- ease of washing and quick drying at camp / in tent / overnight
- good at moisture transfer
- comfortable and no blisters even if soaked wet
- they do eventually wear out (ah, that is a little humor)
- the odor control and the gray color of the sock does diminish.
Yes, I do recommend and would (did) buy again from REI.
Price Paid: $9
Where to Buy
You May Like
Current Retail: $11.95-$14.00
Historic Range: $5.83-$14.00
Reviewers Paid: $9.00