Lightweight, comfortable, durable, and inexpensive.

Price Paid: $70 (but got a BOGO, so $35)

Summary

Lightweight, comfortable, durable, and inexpensive.

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Solid, smart construction
  • Accessories
  • Inexpensive
  • Collapsible

Cons

• Not good for hikers much over 6' 2" or 6' 3"

(Revised-My original review was typed on my phone, and left much to be desired.)

I've had these poles for a few months now (May '17) and have had the opportunity at this point to put in several hard and rocky miles (all over Maryland--Susquehanna State Park, Sugar Loaf Mountain, Patapsco Valley State Park, Bacon Ridge Trail, Billy Goat Trail, Appalachian Trail, etc.).

IMG_20170526_145503.jpg
The first thing I noticed was that, although I was able to get them very inexpensively, they look and feel like very expensive poles. They come in a very smart storage/hauling bag, and with a variety of tips good for different conditions.

20170707_090948-1-.jpg

They are collapsible, and have two locking/sliding areas. Each lock has a tensioner, allowing you to increase the pressure, as necessary, in order to prevent slippage.

20170707_091026-1-.jpg

I'm about 73" tall and these work very well for me. That said, if I were much taller, I'd quickly run out of pole. The cork handles are firm but comfortable—my hands don't get sweaty using them. Each handle has an accompanying strap--not adjustable, but large enough to be comfortable. Being that they're carbon fiber, they're extremely light and easy to maneuver with.

20170707_091008-1-.jpg
These have made ascents and descents over uneven rocky terrain much easier and quicker. At this point I've only used the standard rubber tips—they've been very useful. While hiking the Maryland AT (a few miles above Harpers Ferry), I slipped on a large slightly concave rock, and only avoided a nasty fall because of these poles. I highly recommend you snag a set.

This is a good, but new, company, looking to get its name out there.

20170707_090852-1-.jpg

20170707_091122-1-.jpg

Welcome to Trailspace, James! Thanks for the review of this newer brand's poles. Do you have pictures of your pair you could show others in your review? Also, where do you typically use yours?

James Toole

Hi Alicia. I've made some changes to my review--hopefully for the better. -James

Looks great! Thanks for the additional info and pictures, James.