Garmont T8 NFS
- Very durable construction
- Comfortable toe box
- Dry extremely quickly!
- Sticky and sturdy soles
- Great ankle support
- Pretty light for the size
- A little tough to break in
- Heels rub a bit for the first 30 miles
- Not waterproof
- Hard footsole
This backpacking boot does a fantastic job at keeping your ankles safe and your hiking speed up! I bought them new at a military surplus store for 60 dollars, and I'm definitely not disappointed. I would like to vouch strongly for their durable construction and sturdy foot support. They provide enough room to wiggle the toes, but plenty of squeeze to keep your foot stationary and secure.
I have spent several backpacking trips in these boots, hiking over 100 miles in them since the summer started. Although these boots are fairly new to me, backpacking is not and this boot has outperformed any other I have owned.
To mention some cons:
- This boot has a very stiff heel, making it rub for the first 30 miles or so as they break in. After this, the boots become formed to your feet and feel amazing.
- They are not waterproof, they do dry exceptionally quickly, however. I stepped into a river to cross and my boots filled with water, but within twenty minutes the boots were bone dry.
- These boots have amazing ventilation. Combined with some high quality compression hiking socks, my feet seldom feel sweaty.
- The boot soles are built like tank treads. As Vibram is famous for, its tank-tread inspired design provides plenty of traction on every surface.
- These boots provide plenty of room for finger-toes. I have ridiculously long toes, but the toe box of this boot allows me to wiggle and stretch my toes without compromising the structure of the mid-foot section. I have never had a problem where my foot feels loose in the boot. My ankles also feel extremely safe due to the high clearance of the boot.
I recommend these boots for avid backpackers that are not looking for ultralight footwear. They are light, but not for these needs. I also recommend these to anyone looking for a sturdy, comfortable, and quick-drying boot that can be used in cold or warm weather.
I have hiked through miles of gravel, dirt and snow, over hard rocks and fallen trees and through countless rivers and to the top of a mountain in these boots and they have served me well.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $60
Hands down the best boots ever right out of the box! I've only found one U.S. distributor, Extreme Outfitters. These boots come in other styles than the ones pictured.
- Multiple choices in styles and weight
- Soles last forever and are non-marking
- Different heights
I got my Garmont T8's (I think that's what they are) jungle boots in 2004. I've abused them. They have seen combat zones, hiking, and just everyday wear and they still live and they are my favorite motorcycle riding boots!
The comfort level out of the box was amazing. They felt like I had them for years. I love them so much that when they do die I'm gonna have them bronzed!
Get a pair. They even come in different heights. Some may be on clearance right now! I cannot recommend these boots enough.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $124
Where to Buy
You May Like
Reviewers Paid: $60.00-$124.00