After all these years, the Garuda Jalan Jalan is still…

Summary

After all these years, the Garuda Jalan Jalan is still my favorite solo tent.

Pros

• Spacious
  • Ventilation
  • Design

To today's standards, it might not be light, but this tent is by far the best solo tent in my opinion. The setup is simple with one pole. It is a single wall/breathable tent. The fabric is similar to Gore-Tex. It is super stable in the wind due to its aerodynamic designs. It features two large windows/doors which increases ventilation.

Welcome to Trailspace, Ian! How many years have you had your Jalan Jalan?

1 year ago

This tent is perfect for solo hiking and keeping your…

Design: single hoop 3 season
Sleeps: just me
Ease of setup: setup / take down is a breeze
weight: 3-7
Price Paid: $385+/- (1994)

Original Review: February 6, 1999 rated 5 of 5 stars

This tent is perfect for solo hiking and keeping your pack weight to a minimum. It packs up into a postage stamp size and hides in your pack till you need it. Its dual awning flaps allow wonderful cross ventilation and keeps it wind tight.

Just have patience when sealing the seams and you will never have leaks.

Update: September 29, 2016 rated 5 of 5 stars

Summary

Great tent for solo backpacking. Solid construction and durability.

Pros

• Longevity
  • Weight
  • Ease of setup

Wow...I came across my first review I posted in 1999. I still have and love my Garuda Jalan Jalan. It's been solid for 22 years. It still remains for me the best investment in gear I've made.

Its wear is minimal and I haven't had to reseal any seams since I first painstakingly sealed them 1994.

camp-site.jpg

Thanks for the update, John! It's great to hear that your tent has performed so well for the pat 22 years.

I bought my tent for a thru-hike of the Pacific Crest…

Design: three season
Ease of Setup: With only one pole & three stakes, set up is a snap!
Weight: 3lb, 7oz

I bought my tent for a thru-hike of the Pacific Crest Trail. I never had a complaint about it in the five months I spent in it! Even on the days I layed over! I could sit up in it and even cook in it without condensation.

The Jalan Jalan has been discontinued.

The Garuda Jalan Jalan is not available from the stores we monitor.

Katadyn BeFree 0.6L Review