Gerber Bear Grylls Fire Starter
Have a question about fire starters? Get answers in the gear selection forum.
I love this firestarter. It really does the job each…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $14.95
I love this firestarter. It really does the job each and every time!
- Thick, easy to grab and use handles
- If you angle it right (takes a little practice) it will consistently throw a big shower of sparks
- Waterproof tinder storage for cotton balls
- Lanyard is too short to carry around your neck.
- It also takes a little practice to get it "just right" but it is well worth it!
Overall I think this is a great product and I am quite happy with my purchase!!
Positives robust storage compartment whistle lanyard…
Price Paid: too much
- storage compartment
- difficult to get a good direction on spark
- difficult to get a good spark
- storage compartment is small, quite small
- whistle is weak and difficult to use
- did I mention this weighs a lot
- a little on the large size
I tested it against two other striker type Strikers and then got rid of it.
Didn't bother taking it on even one camp trip.