Gerber Gator Machete

Price MSRP: $23.00
Current Retail: $24.99-$31.99
Historic Range: $11.93-$31.99
Reviewers Paid: $15.00

Junk! Stay clear of this thing.

Pros

• Good concept

Cons

• Cheap made
  • Not full tang
  • Dull saw teeth
  • Weak thin blade

Broke within the first 2 hours of use. We do a lot of bushwacking here in the south. A good strong machete can save you a lot of headaches. Most of my gear I test up at our camp. We have 600+ acres to do nearly anything with. I took this thing up there to do some trail blazing, and ended up doing nothing but pissing myself off.

I can't believe how cheap Gerber went on this one. The blade broke from the handle. Which is one reason I say to never go with any fixed blade unless its full tang. The concept of the saw back is a good idea, but not if you're working with something that's not full tang. While doing some saw work on branches no wider than my wrist, the blade snapped from the handle. Before I knew what happened, I had the front side of the blade hurling toward my face. Lucky my mad Jedi skills kicked in (just kidding, guys) and I dodged it from slicing into my head.

Please take my advice and don't bother spending your hard earned money on this machete. And if you value any of your extremities... avoid it.

Price Paid: $15 on Amazon