Historic Range: $24.99-$38.50
This foldable-locking knife is great for trekking and 'around-the-camp' activities and jobs. The knife locks in place when fully extended and is very easy to use. The blade that comes in the package is already pretty fine, however, sharpening it even more will increases positive results. The best feature about the knife (apart from the blade) is the grip; the grip is very comfortable and makes handling so much smoother. It even comes with a free holster!
- Handle has textured rubber grip
- Locks in place
- Easy to use
- Ballistic nylon sheath
- High carbon stainless steel blade
- Does not have any teeth for cutting wood easily
The Gerber Profile knife is very easy to use no matter what the job. I would recommend it as a great working tool. It is great for the tough jobs that you don't want to use your most expensive prized knife on while hiking.
- Amazing Grip: The grip on the Profile is amazing. The textured rubber grip makes it so that handling is very easy and comfortable.
- Finger rest: Next to the blade on the handle is a slight depression in the grip perfect for the placement of one's index finger. This 'finger rest' makes cutting safer and allows the thumb to guide the blade for a cleaner cut.
- Blade Design: Over all, the blade is designed so that the top is thick and it gradually thins out until the edge is met. This design makes the blade strong and durable.
- Sheath: With my Profile I was able to get a free Nylon sheath in addition to the knife. It is a nice addition to the Profile.
Construction & Durability:
In general the knife is very well made. The blade itself is made out of 'high carbon stainless steel' with 'titanium nitride coating' which is used for corrosion resistance. The handle is textured rubber making handling and ease of use extremely easy.
I have been using the knife for about 4 months now for all my tough jobs that beat up other knives. After something that really beats the Profile up I sharpen it and afterward it might as well be brand new.
Source: received it as a personal gift