It weighs almost nothing, fits almost anywhere, and…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

It weighs almost nothing, fits almost anywhere, and cuts almost anything (wooden).

Pros

• Very efficient
  • Compact

Cons

• Nothing. It works great.

Worth its weight in gold.

I've owned the Gerber Sliding Saw for a few years now, and I completely love it. I've broken a hefty inch or so off the tip of the blade from it getting snagged and kinking a few times, but most of it is still there and works like a champ.

I've learned to focus more on the pulling action of the saw than the pushing, to avoid snagging and breaking more of the blade. I wouldn't call it brittle or anything, I've just used it pretty hard for what it is.

It's 7 3/4" long when closed (the length of the handle), and 13 1/2" open with a snapped off tip.

Mine weighs about 5 ounces, but it's an older version that's all black with an orange locking nut, and 1 lanyard hole. New ones could be different.

Over all, I'd highly recommend this product. Just be cautious of pushing too hard at a bad angle when cutting large pieces of wood. The blade will break. If you stick to pulling, there should be no issues at all.

G00SE

I own a Gerber Sliding Saw. Is there a difference in the Bear Grylls edition?

George of the Jungle

I've never held the BG edition, but from what i see online, it seems to be the same. Aside from the orange on the handle.

G00SE

I'll let Alicia know to move this review under the Gerber Sliding Saw. Right now, it's under the BG edition.

All set. Thanks for the saw review, gmid83.