This is a lifesaver out in the wilderness! I have…

Summary

This is a lifesaver out in the wilderness! I have never hiked without it. Long battery life and solar charger with capability of charging all your backcountry gear from cameras, GPS, headlamps, etc. This one piece of equipment is always in my backpack!

Pros

• Solar charger
  • 48-hour run time
  • Charge level indicator lights
  • USB power hub
  • Hand crank charging capability
  • Multiple light options 250 lumens

Cons

• Weight 14 oz, but worth every ounce

image.jpg
Seen here used as plug in for the mini light, also from Goal Zero

I have brought this on every thru hike and have not been disappointed. The product speaks for itself. A must--have item on a long thru hike or even a short camping trip. It has saved me on multiple occasions and I will continue to carry it with me always on every trip.

A little heavy for ultralight minimalist hikers, but it is always the first item on my list when packing my pack. For me it's worth it!

For all the specs go to  http://goalzero.com/p/239/torch-250-flashlight

Welcome to Trailspace, Elizabeth! Thanks for sharing your gear reviews with us. What kind of tasks do you use this flashlight for on your hikes?

Elizabeth McCoy

I use this primarily for charging phone, headlamp, light my fire mini light, iPod shuffle, and I use the flashlight for camp light , the red light on it is great for in tent reading or just trying to find something in middle of the night without using a bright light. It's nice because of the capability of solar charging the device while I'm hiking. I hang it in back of my pack and sun hits it directly. It's very rugged, I have dropped it on rocks and it can take a beating. It has hard rubber around body that protects it. I feel like every backpacker has an item that they must have no matter what and for me this is it! It has saved me countless times even with only one blue dot lit on the charge level strip it charged my iPhone to 50% so I could use my AllTrails app to find my way back on to a designated trail.

Thanks for all of this info, Elizabeth. It sounds like a versatile light for you.